For our website www.chilworthcare.co.uk (the “Site”), and for information otherwise collected under this Privacy Notice, www.chilworthcare.co.uk is the data controller that is responsible for your privacy. Chilworth Care is located at 11 Cock Lane, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP13 7DE.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
There are three general categories of information we collect:
(1) Information you give to us;
(2) Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site
(3) Information we collect from third parties.
We use your information in several different ways. What we do with your information depends on when we collect it and what we collect.
We may anonymize your information for any purpose permitted by applicable laws.
Information you give to us
- Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
- Additional profile information (such as date of birth, gender, location and preferred language)
- Your payment information (such as your credit/debit card number, security/CVV code, and expiration date)
- Your financing information (such as employment and income)
- Your communications and contact history with us (such service call recordings, chat and instant messages, or communications with our social media channels)
- Other information (such as product reviews, forum posts, survey responses, participation in promotions, and other user-generated content)
How we use the information you give to us Why we collect it
We use the information for a variety of reasons, namely to:
- To offer an improved user experience We use your communications and contact history with us, as well as other information such as additional profile information, to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and to personalize and customize your experience. We have a legitimate interest in improving the Site as well as user experience.
- Analytics, training and quality assurance We may use the information you provide to us to train our staff, improve our services, and perform other internal analytics and performance monitoring. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.
- Communication, marketing and advertising We may use information you provide to us to deliver and personalize our communications with you, or to administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests or other promotional activities. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.
Information we automatically collect from your use of the Site
- Log data and device information (such as details about how you’ve used the Site, IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data, location data and page/product views or clicks)
- Geo-location information (such as IP address, browser information or mobile GPS information)
- Cookies and similar technologies (such as web beacons, pixels, and mobile identifiers)
How we use information we automatically collect Why we collect it
To provide customer service and process returns We use your saved products to help you make a purchase, and we use your purchase history to uphold our contract with you and ensure that you’ve had a great customer experience.
To offer an improved user experience We use your log data and device information to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site and the App and to personalize and customize your experience. We have a legitimate interest in improving the Site and the App, as well as user experience.
To create and maintain a secure environment We have a legitimate interest in protecting the Site, to comply with applicable law and to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
Analytics, training and quality assurance We may use automatically collected information to train our staff and perform internal analytics and performance monitoring. We have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud and improving our services and offerings.
Communication, marketing and advertising We may use automatically collected information such as cookies and similar technologies to provide the most relevant advertising to you. This processing can be pursuant to your consent or pursuant to our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of interest.
Information we collect from third parties, such as third-party services (such as if you link to the site etc)
Your name and contact details (such as your email address, mailing address, phone number and password)
Social media handles (such as your Twitter or Instagram handle)
Other information (such as demographic data, fraud detection information and information about you and your activities, experiences and interactions on and off the Site and the App)
WHEN WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share your information with third-parties except law enforcement and via our payment gateway which is secure:
Functionality cookies, which allow you to navigate the site and use our features.
Analytics cookies, which allow us to measure, analyze and understand how our customers use the Site, and to identify ways to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience. For example:
We use Google Analytics to help us evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage. The information generated by the Google Analytics cookies is usually transmitted to a Google server. You can prevent Google’s collection of your information through the Google Analytics cookies by downloading and installing available browser plug-ins, for example, the browser add-on for disabling Google Analytics.
MARKETING AND BEHAVIORAL ADVERTISING
If you provided your consent, we will send you marketing communications and materials by email and postal mail to keep you informed of new products, promotions, and other information we think may be of interest to you. You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time through your preferences here or by contacting us.
To stop direct marketing messages you can also click on the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email you receive from us. Once you do this, we will update your profile to ensure that you do not receive further marketing messages from us. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours to process your request and update our systems. Note that if you request that we stop sending you marketing messages, we will not stop sending you administrative and services communications (such as order updates and other important or transactional information).
Please note that if you use more than one name or email address when communicating with www.chilworthcare.co.uk or using the Site, you may continue to receive communications from us to any name or email address not specified in your opt-out request.
BLOGS, REVIEWS AND FORUMS
The Site also may from time to time offer publicly-accessible blogs, reviews or forums. Any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected and used by others who access them. To request removal of your information from blogs, customer reviews or forums, please see Your Rights and Choice below. Please note that in some cases we may be unable to remove your information.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLUGINS
The Site uses social plugins, which allow you to interact with us through your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media accounts. If you visit a page on our Site that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to that social media’s webservers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by the social media site directly to your browser and incorporated by the social media site into the Site. By integrating the plugins, the social media site receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our Site. We have no control over the extent and use of information that the social media site collects using this plugin.
If you interact with a social media plugin by, for example, clicking a “Like” button or leaving a comment, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to the social media server and stored there. Depending on your settings, the information will also be posted on the social media site and displayed to your contacts or friends on the social media site. The social media site may use this information for the purpose of advertising, market research and tailor-made pages.
To understand what information social media sites collect when you interact with their plug-ins, please review their privacy policies. You may also have the option to change your settings in the social media site to prevent the collection of your information.
OUR SECURITY MEASURES
We use appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, disclosure, and loss. Data transmitted to www.chilworthcare.co.uk is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS). We use a PCI payment processor and do not save your full credit card number on our information systems while placing an order. If you have questions about the security of your information, please contact us.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION
When we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will either delete it from our systems or anonymize it so that it no longer identifies you.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
You have the following rights related to the information that we maintain about you:
- The right to access the information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate information we hold about you. You can correct some of this information in your account settings.
- In some circumstances, the right to request that we delete your information, or stop processing it or collecting it.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do through your preferences here or by clicking on any “unsubscribe” link in any marketing email you receive from us.
- You also have the right to withdraw your consent for other processing activities for which you have given us your consent.
- The right to request that we transfer your information either to you or a third party.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator.
- If you want to exercise your rights, contact us. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us using the contact information below.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
We may provide links to third-party web sites that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the information collection practices of these third-party websites and do not endorse such practices. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of third-party websites before providing any information to or through them.
The Site is not directed to children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under 16. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under 16, we will take steps to obtain the consent of that child’s parent or guardian prior to processing that child’s information any further. If you do not obtain the parent or guardian’s consent, we will delete the child’s information from our systems.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
HOW TO CONTACT US / DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We always want to hear from our customers – especially with your questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer by sending us an email or writing to us at:
11 Cock Lane,